What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant mimics nature: it is designed to be firmly anchored in the jaw and to hold the tooth in place. The implant is a small part made of titanium, titanium alloy or ceramics – materials which are generally well-tolerated by the human body. Also, titanium has been shown to bond well with the human bone.
Am I suitable for Tooth implants?
Generally, most people are suitable for dental implants. Individuals need good oral hygiene and adequate bone to support the dental implants. Our dental implant dentist will assess you prior to starting treatment and can answer any questions you may have in more detail.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- There is no need to prepare (drill) adjacent healthy teeth as with conventional crown and bridge work.
- Long-term, dental implants have excellent aesthetics that are lifelike and natural
- Dental implants have been used for over 30 years and have very good success rates.
- Dental implants in Otley increase the stability of your Bridge or Denture for eating, speaking and smiling
- Dental implants in Otley can restore lip support and reduce wrinkles
- Dental implants preserve jaw bone and gums that usually shrink away after tooth loss
- Dental implants in Otley do away with the pain of ill-fitting and painful dentures